Friday, July 24, 2009

T-7 and counting.... yikes!

Only one more week left! I can't believe it....

I had my last Spanish class today. And starting today I can say "It's my last Friday night in BA."

The last two days were horrifically cold and wet. If I was in Boston during winter, it would not seem so bad, 35 degrees is not horrific. However, when the house you are in has no insulation, the windows are not meant to keep cold out, and the air is wet with the cold - it is miserable. I stayed in last night because I figured who in their right mind is going to go out?? I cooked in the kitchen for hours to keep warm. I am rather happy Sorin was not around to take a picture, I was wearing leg warmers over my jeans, multiple socks with my muppet slipper-socks over them, long sleeve shirt, 2 sweaters and my scarf. Once I got cooking though, the scarf came off. ;o) But I was a funny sight for sure!

I have a few posts started, and promise to finish them up over the next few days.

I was asked by the fine folks over at KnowTango to write a guest post for their blog about Traditional Milongas and what is needed to make them good. If you are interested, take a gander over to HERE. Please keep in mind that I am by no means an expert, this is simply my opinion based on my short time here in BA and my slightly longer, but still short time in tango in the US Northeast. That said, I am interested in what others think and have to say on the topic. So please feel free to open a discussion there.

More soon!
Chau Chau!

1 comment:

Henry (@knowtango.com) said...

It's been pretty miserable in the Northeast, so don't feel like you're missing out.

Looking forward to having you back!