Thursday, June 11, 2009

I SO get it now!

I got it a little at Los Consagrados this past weekend. But I REALLY got it tonight at El Beso!
By "it" I mean that elusive "Argentinean" thing that everyone talks about and swoons over. I had tanda after tanda of it tonight.

Every dance was different, as was every embrace, and yet most of the embraces shared a common quality of Care. Regard. Connection. Each man I danced with made me feel as though I was the only woman they were going to dance with that night so they wanted to make it count. I got this from the 80 year old as well as the 28 year old.

I danced for hours tonight, and everyone I danced with was a porteno. I was not expecting that for some reason, but there you have it. Every one was musical in their own way. Some had a vocabulary I could count on one hand. Others wove together intricacies in a way that meshed with the music that made me smile. Yet every single one I could follow with out hesitation and enjoyed dancing to what they were hearing and enjoying.

I can not really articulate better than that. I may be too close to the dances. Maybe in the light of morning I will have better words. But right now, all I have is...
Happy Feet
Happy Heart
Happy Head

12 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Great!
That's why a dancer needs to go to
BA...that is it.
So happy for you Debbi.
E

Gustavo said...

Hah, I told you you should go to El Beso! (among others!)
Great to read you're feeling better and getting some good dances; I hope it only gets better from now on.

Joli said...

Ah, so you have had your true tango spiritual awakening!

Caroline said...

:))))))))

Sorin said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ;-P

Johanna said...

And now you also know why EVERYONE whose been there uses it as a yardstick by which to measure tango elsewhere. Just watch; you'll be saying "that's not how it's done in Buenos Aires" in no time at all.

tangocherie said...

Hooray! And I predict the WOW moments will keep on coming!

See you tomorrow?

Pantina said...

Awesome!!! =)

Sallycat said...

I am sooooooooooo happy for u chica!
Isn't it fab?

SC

Tina said...

I'm thrilled!

KnowTango said...

Yay! Congrats :D

La Tanguerita said...

Sounds terrific!:-)