Saturday, August 02, 2008

Hiatus hiatus

Am in the middle of my tango hiatus..... stop.....am going crazy..... stop.....send help... stop.....preferably in the form of DiSarli tango or Canaro milonga asap.......stop..... quickly!


Ha!


Really though, the first week I was here I was climbing the walls. I felt like an outdoor cat who was shut into a closet and no one heard me yowling. I literally paced when we got home at night. My roommate would laughed at me. No tango, no tv, no internet (oh, I am hijacking the theatre's internet right now as this is the one day off before we head into tech hell and there is no one here to kick me out of the office, mwuahahaha!), no car, no nothing.... except for lots of thunderstorms. One tree split in half, one patron at The Shed was struck and survived. Me, I'm staying inside, dry and electric free, while enjoying the night light shows.

Although, lucky me, my antsy-ness was alleviated one weeknd. Sorin came to visit me for a weekend a week ago and he got to experience the country with me. And dear that he is, he found a milonga that was an hour away and we went. So I had one night of dancing, which was fun. The folks in Amherst MA were very welcoming and kind. Although I rather felt like an exotic animal because when we walked in, everyone turned to look. This is a small community, everyone knows everyone, and there are no surprises. And in walks two surprises. But once they figured out that we were not looking for directions to somewhere else, they were very warm and I had a very nice night. It just felt lovely to dance with Sorin again.

Once we start tech I won't be able to miss anything, I will be too busy, which will be a blessing. Then in about two weeks, I will be back home, safe and sound. And dancing again!

3 comments:

Johanna said...

Best of luck with Tech/Hell Week. We're inching towards it too. Sword fights and all. Egads!

La Tanguera said...

Hey, good to hear from you :) Great of Sorin to rescue you for a few hours and take you to Dance Heaven :)

La Tanguera said...

Hey, good to hear from you :) Great of Sorin to rescue you for a few hours and take you to Dance Heaven :)