Wednesday, December 05, 2007

One more round

This week, I turn one year older. 36. Not too sure how that happened. I don't feel 36. Hell, some days I don't feel 26. Or 21. But here I am, 36. Three-six. Thirty plus six. Twice Eighteen. Three is half of six....

It does not bother me some how. This age. I feel good, I am fairly certain that I don't look half bad, I am loving life, and the corners of my eyes are well practiced with smiling. My job makes me happy, I look forward to seeing what these interesting people create as they learn and grow. I have friends that I adore and cherish. Friends who have been with me for a long time. Friends who will be with me for a long time. I happen to be very content and in love. My heart still does a little flutter when I roll over in the morning and see those brown eyes smiling at me as I wake up. I hope it always does flutter. I hope those eyes always smile at me as I groggily wake up and burrow into the crook of his arm.
I am happy at 36.
I feel good at 36.

7 comments:

Karina said...

Happy birthday!!!you know what they say - one is always eighteen, just with a couple of years of experience. :-)

Frances R said...

Happy Birthday! 36 is a great number :)

tangobaby said...

Happy Birthday, Debbi! It sounds like your birthday wishes have already come true, but I wish you more. Enjoy yourself and have a wonderful tango birthday.

;-)

Tina said...

Feliz Cumple!

La Tanguera said...

Dear Debbi,

Wishing you a wonderful Tango-birthday!!!! Enjoy the best of the years!!!

Tango-Hugs,

Tanguera

Debbi said...

Thank you ladies! So far, it has been a lovely day! At midnight, Sorin wished me a happy birthday and started pulling presents out of various nooks and crannies in the kitchen one at a time.... really fun and very sweet. It's been a good year, and I am looking forward to the new one that started today. :-)

danzarin said...

happy birthday Debbi! I wish you a wonderful year ahead.