Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Light around the corner

Last night was my happy milonga, the Odd Tuesday Milonga. And even though I only got to dance the last hour and a half due to work, it was so worth going. I just love it there, something about the space, it just works for me. I had not had the most stellar of dancing since Tango de los Muertos, some sort of block in my brain, so I was determined to just enjoy myself and dance to the best of my ability at that moment. And you know what? I had a blast. Danced with Sorin and with friends and simply enjoyed everyone. My best was 3 or 4 tandas with my friend J, whose lead has just become even more smooth and melodic since his return from BsAs, I felt like I could do anything he asked of me within the embrace, it was great.

One of my friends is leaving Boston for Chicago, and we will be sad to see him leave, he has only been in the community for a short amount of time, but he has made such the impression and it has been to wonderful to see his lead mature and grow. I look forward to meeting up with him again in the future and seeing how he has continued to grow as a leader. It is so sad sometimes, people come and go, sometimes you have little to no notice that they are leaving, they are simply not around anymore, and it is rather melancholic to realize this. But I am glad we danced last night, as he leaves in a few days, and I don't know when we will dance again. I was happy to have the opportunity to dance one last time.

So tomorrow, feasting with the family!!! And then off to Montreal to dance all weekend. Which I am very much looking forward to. We are driving up with friends, so we should make a merry party on the ride up, and I have the feeling there will be extensive talk about tango music as 3 of the 4 of us are DJs...... ;-) I'll just sit and absorb....

No comments: