Wednesday, November 07, 2007

From under the pile of To Do's

Tango de los Muertos is right around the corner. And between sewing to get ready to be a vendor, cleaning in preparation for hosting, and scrambling to get everything together to host the closing milonga..... I am feeling a little swamped.

Went dancing this weekend, which was pretty good. Saturday was fairly empty, but there were more good leaders in the room than good followers, so I managed to still have a lovely time, even though poor Sorin was less than pleased with the attendance. Oh well. And practica Sunday went well, I keep working on the same things over and over and sometimes I feel like a broken record in heels..... I danced last night for about 3 minutes as I got to the milonga in the last half hour after working a 12 hour day at the theatre and I was in a cranky mood. I mean, Oscar the Grouch would have been impressed. But I managed to get an over-due promised pair of tango pants to my friend, who has been more than patient with me, and he looked good in them. Which made me happy that he was so pleased. I did not think I would dance, since I did not have my shoes and I was so cranky. But Sorin swung me into the embrace and off we went, which was lovely, as he allowed me a bit of release. Which I desperately needed. I was not exactly on or moving well, and my knee high autumn boots were not exactly allowing me the best of pivoting action, but it was great that he wanted to dance with me. Made me feel like a shiny happy girl instead of a pissy grumblecakes.....

BUT..... there is more good news!!! I have conformation that my Comme il Faut shoes, which I so very much have been looking forward to, are in my friend's house now that she is back on this side of the equator, and will be mine ever so soon..... I can not wait!!! I am so excited!!

So here's hoping that the festival is as fabulous as I think it will be and the dancers come out in full force and regalia! I can't wait for the dressing up part..... ;-)

3 comments:

Caroline said...

I can't wait to see a photo of you wearing those shoes - I think they are going to look fabulous on you. :)
Sorin was less than pleased with the ratio, eh? Now he knows how we women feel.

amy w. said...

hee hee hee... you said "grumblecakes."
miss you, girl.

La Tanguera said...

Deb, can't wait to:

1. Hear your official Festival Review... from here, it looks like so much fun; I have true Festival-envy :(

2. See photos of customs and shoes!!

3. Hear your experiences of being behind the scenes, hosting, organizing and as a vendor!