Monday, October 29, 2007

Growing Pains

I am having tango growing pains. I am struggling to reach a new point and learn, and it is getting harder and harder to reach the levels that came quicker before. Some days I get downright frustrated and upset when I can't connect with someone, or am not able to follow that which either I or others expect of me. Sometimes I get it, and I can dance, and it feels great. And other times I just want to be better.
But then I get a glimpse of something and it makes me happy. Sorin took some pictures of me at the LongaMilonga - which was a good time, even though it was sparsely attended (c'mon people in Boston! This is one of the best milongas we have!!!) - and I am just so happy with my leg extension in this moment.
Somtimes it is the little things that keep you going..... ;-)

5 comments:

Frances R said...

You look absolutely beautiful.
Now I can see that black and red is a great combination of colors. I should try it sometime soon.
Thanks for sharing the photo!

Eva said...

Great photos. Love the red shoes!

miss tango in her eyes said...

It is easier in the beginning, one grows so quickly, then it is frustrating, struggling to be able to reach the top shelf :)

Cathy said...

I'm so relieved that someone else experiences the same things I do!

koolricky said...

Yes, we all go through it. It's though but it's a good sign! Consider yourself lucky that you are in a big tango community where you can learn and practise regularly. Some other people get that pain and worse, they have to bear it permanently!

www.mytangologue.blogspot.com