Sunday, October 14, 2007

Coming out of the dark

Wow! Did I ever have the flu of the century! But I am coming out of the dank, dark, dreary realms of aches, fever and more mucus than one body should be able to create, and coming into the light. Today I was able to walk from one room to the other without needing a nap, I've eaten because I was hungry, not because I thought I should, and I am no longer going through a box of Kleenex every other hour. Yea! And who knows, perhaps by Tuesday I'll be able to tango again! So depressing having such a great experience in NYC and then coming home and getting my legs cut out from underneath me. Although from what I hear, I am not the only person who left the NYC festival with more than memories...... please please please, if you do not feel well, DON'T GO OUT TO DANCE!!!! Why take down your fellow tango-ites when you are under the weather??? If you infect half of the dancers you dance with, then there are that many fewer dancers to dance with at the next milonga. If I am not well, I don't go out to dance. Hell, I am not willing to go out to dance until my nose stops peeling from all the damage I did from the constant tissue attacks. Granted, that is part vanity, but also the realization that no one wants to dance with someone who appears ill.
So please, stay home and get better, collect our sympathies, and then come out to dance when you are well and symptom free....

No comments: