Wednesday, September 12, 2007

These are a few of my favorite things....

Some favorite moments from the past few weeks


- the picnic on Caroline's front steps. We had fruit, cheese, bread, olive oil with balsamic vinegar for dipping, olives, and wine. What a feast we had! Oh yea, and chocolate coissants and apple turnovers..... yum! And what friendship we shared. Friends and food, great combination! :-)

- Bicycling through Montreal, the air was cool, the sun warm. And the scenery gorgeous. Everywhere around us people were bicycling; groceries sitting in crates on the back of their bikes, friends calling out to each other to go down a quiet, tree lines street, and the smells of bakeries, cafes, and coffee streaming past us, inviting us to slow down and stop for a moment.

- Falling asleep in the arms of the man I adore after dancing all night. Muscles tired and heavy, D'Arienzo circling my brain, my head resting on his shoulder as his arm encircles my shoulder. Perfect embrace. Perfect.

- Finding that moment where the connection, the communication, and the music is just perfect and there is no need for words. It did not matter how awful I felt I was before this moment, because for this fleeting breath, everything aligned and tango bliss was achieved.

- The pure affection of animals. Fat Cat, who had an extra digit - yes, she had six digits on each paw with 6 claws - would greet us at the door, rub against our legs, and roll over on her belly to show us how pudgy and inviting her belly was for rubbing. Then when you indulged her, her eyes relaxed to slits and purrs emanated from the fiber of her being. I wonder if I purr when I dance well....

- Going to my first grad class, and finding out that it is going to be a ton of work, and a ton of fun. It is Textile Dyeing, and I get a little brass scale to use to measure and weigh everything. There is math! There is chemistry! There is color! Could it get better? I think not....

- Having a moment, just an normal, uneventful moment, when I looked over at Sorin and was hit with the realization that I am in love. It kind of makes your chest get a little tight and your cheeks get a little warm, and a smile creeps into the normal, uneventful space to make it a moment.

2 comments:

Sorin said...

It's easy to be carried away by the passion of the moment and confuse infatuation with love. It's when it strikes you while doing something ordinary, that's when you know. For example, when you talk on the phone, and at the end of the conversation your girlfriend says (for the first time) 'love you', and you replay 'love you too', hang up and think about what just happened. Was it automatic? Maybe. But it does sound just about right. So, what do you know, it turns out I'm in love as well. Lovely when that happens. So... like I (already) said, love you too babe.

Anonymous said...

You two..... possibly one of the cutest tango couples I have seen yet!