Thursday, July 05, 2007

Heading to Montreal

Off again soon to the great tango north. Montreal. Sorin and I are heading to the Montreal International Tango Festival Saturday. I am really looking forward to going back to the city that I love. The last time we went I had the most lovely time and met some wonderful people. This time we are being hosted by someone that we met on our last visit. He is Romanian, as is Sorin, and he very generously offered to host us for the festival. Which was a relief for us as tango has been taking large bites out of both of our bank accounts this summer. But that does not stop us! :-) Then after the festival we are going to the Yale Summer Tango Camp. Tango 24 hours a day and camping! What could be better! Add Robin Thomas! Yup, Robin will be there teaching and I am really looking forward to taking classes with him. The classes I took with him at the Yale Festival this past spring were great and I really appreciate his teaching style.

So it is going to be a week full of tango and travel.... I could really get used to this.... ;-P

2 comments:

Tango Goddess said...

Hola, Debbi - Thanks so much for your e-mail. Yeah, I know it's not very PC, but I really wanted to tell people what it's really like here in the BA milongas, especially the ones where there is a high dance level. Most people come here not knowing the dirt, and, gosh darn it, I'm gonna give it to them! You take care, and keep on blogging. Hope you're having fun in Montreal, a city I love also!
Evie (Tango Goddess)

Debbi said...

If anyone is curious as to what the Tango Goddess wrote that I admired so much, go to my shared items and click on "Weight and the Milonguera".
And while you are there, read her whole blog!