Sunday, July 29, 2007

Deprivation

For the past week or so I have been deprived, of tango and of modern technology. I am working out in the middle of nowhere, which is lovely in one sense, but torturous in others.
I feel disconnected, separated, and a little uneasy at this. However I am also having a wonderful time. Go figure....

I have found out that there is a local tango practica on Tuesdays, so I am going to check it out, but I have no idea what I am going to find, I’ll make sure to report back after Tuesday, but here I sit today, one week without tango and I fear atrophy.

On the other hand, I am working long hours, and really don’t seem to have any time to really do much else. Which is good, as where I am staying has no TV and no internet of any sort. I am going to upload this tomorrow (Sunday – my only day off) at the cafĂ© in town which has free wifi.

But here I sit tonight, Saturday night, after working a long day, and missing out on the once a month all night milonga in Providence. Sorin is there. And I am imagining a room full of happy tango people, and I am not there. Somehow, that is not right. And somehow, I am disturbed that I am now eyeing projects and work with the added dilemna of “Is there tango?”
Someone bring me some tango please. My shoes are starting to gather dust, and my legs are restless…. And I fear the return of the blah-leo if I don’t get a dance soon!

4 comments:

La Planchadora said...

Debbi, if I've told you once I've told you a hundred times - when the people from "Deliverance II" call you, just say no!

caroline said...

Debbi, debbi, debbi. you will not turn back into a blah-leo. impossible.
Not dancing for weeks' gotta be a killer though. but no worries, time will fly then you'll be back home wearing your tango shoes 24/7 and dancing up a storm.

Gustavo said...

Look at it this way: next time you go to dance after a break, you will enjoy it a lot more. At least that's how it works for me.

Debbi said...

Hi Planchadora.... no worries, as soon as the banjo comes filtering through the woods, I grab my shoes and hightail it away!
Thanks Caroline, here's hoping that the blah-leo will stay away. Am going to the practica tonight, so here's hoping it is fun! I'll let you know as soon as I can sneak back into the office and type up a response. :-D