Monday, May 14, 2007

A man, A crow, and McDonalds....

I saw something on my way home that made me pull over and sit for a moment because I was laughing WAY too hard. I stopped at Target to buy a new backpack so I can bike more regularly to work, and when I drove out of the parking lot, I saw this guy come out of a fast food joint with his kid. He put his bag of food on the roof of the car and then focused on getting his kid in the car. At his point, while he was distracted, a crow flew to the roof of the car, picked up the burger laden bag with his beak, and attempted to fly away. This is when I stopped driving and started watching. The bird actually did manage to fly, sort of. It was a heavy bag, so his head was pulled down, and to see this bird try to fly while his head was being pulled to the ground was hysterical. The man then straightened up, and went to retrieve his and his kid's dinner from the roof. Only there was no bag of greasy goodness atop the car. His look of bewilderment made me feel bad for him, so I rolled down my window and said "It went that way" - pointing towards the crow, who was still trying to fly. Poor guy, he did not know whether to laugh or swear, so he did both. The crow made it to a tree limb, at which point he dropped the bag, and then flew down to eat the contents which exploded from the bag due to the drop. The man just shook his head "Jesus Christ, that stupid bird has done this before!!!" The two of us laughed and I drove away, wondering if he was now going to go through the drive in to get a replacement for the dinner that the bird was now enjoying.

I love stuff like this, fiction sometimes never matches reality!

3 comments:

tangospeak said...

That is really funny! And what was funnier was that it wasn't the first time it happened to this guy.

Debbi said...

It was funny!
I am not sure if it had happened to him before, or if the precision of the bird dropping the bag so that it exploded was a sign that the bird was a pro.
Really, truth is stranger than fiction some times!

Sorin said...

Well, crows are very smart (see this article , so I would not be surprised if dropping the bag was on purpose).