Tuesday, March 13, 2007

tango wardrobe


Is being built! It is amazing how much I get done when there are no students in the shop!

Here is the first skirt I have made specifically for tango. I'll get S to take some better pics to post later, it is hard to take pictures of yourself with a little point and shoot digital, but between mirror images and balancing the camera on work stations, I got two good shots that will give you an idea of the look. I am rather excited about how it looks, and I think that Planchadora will agree that it is far from a garment attacked by a wild animal!. It is plum with a mossy green/plum iridescent lining, so when I swirl, the lining peeks out and makes a really pretty contrast. I know it needs a steaming, I'll get to that before I wear it out. But the obsession is spreading from shoes to clothes!


3 comments:

Caroline said...

Hey, nice sewing skills! And that skirt you designed is probably my favourite style of skirt of all time - nice and snug around the waist and upper hip, then flowing out and ending below the knees. How wide is the circumference? I am wondering because I have a skirt that I designed similar to yours but noticed that when I pivot, it flares out too much, making it slightly indecent. (hem was a perfect circle, or at least 3/4 circle) so I am now thinking of either using thinner fabric or making the circle half circle only.

Debbi said...

Hi Caroline! It is an oblong, not a circle, so that way no one will know the color of my panties. Plus I chose a fabric that drapes nicely and will swoosh, but has weight (duippioni silk). The circumference of the skirt though is 125", so it will flare nicely. I love the snug dropped waist look and having the flare start over the hips. So very female!

La Planchadora said...

Yay, contrast lining! Thumbs up.