Saturday, December 02, 2006

stop. breathe. be.

"Live in each season as it passes;
breathe the air,
drink the drink,
taste the fruit,
and resign yourself to the influences of each."

Mister Henry David Thoreau


There is no better description of my outlook on life.

This hangs framed in my bedroom and I hope to remember to follow through every day that I live.

Working fourteen hour days on a movie shoot can often blur out your edges, insulate you from the world at large because you are so immersed in the work and the world of the movie, that remembering to stop, breathe, and be, if only for a moment every day, can be difficult. But today I had a carifying moment. Standing on set, scissors around my neck, garments draped across my arms, back sore from said garments and being on my 10th hour without sitting... I was feeling the exhaustion wash over me and my mind was dulling as the next shot was being set up and I had nothing to do but wait. So I stretched my neck back to release a kink that had been bothering me, and looked up into cerulean blue that was enhanced with tree branches raised up, eagerly reaching for the infinite blue of the sky, creating a gorgeous pattern that made me draw my breath in sharply at the beauty. I only had about half a minute of this vision until "Wardrobe!" invaded my ears and I was brought back down to earth to attend someone's breeches that were misbehaving. But it was a 30 seconds that I needed to remember to stop. breathe. and resign myself to the influences around me.

No comments: