Monday, November 13, 2006

time is fluid

Well, I am guessing that I need to actually pay a little more attention to this if I want it to actually be a blog. So here is my attempt to be more attentive and write more often.

If you'll indulge me, a little more Shakespeare seems appropriate this fine, damp rainy autumnal day....



To sleep: perchance to dream: aye, there’s the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause.

Poor Hamlet. So full of philosophy, so short on action.

But he hits on something there. What dreams may come. Although I do not think we need allow Death to take us on a date in order to allow us to reach beyond our scope.
To dare to dream, to allow Lord Morpheus complete access to ourselves, to break the fourth wall as it were and really allow all that we could be to take shape, or at the very least present itself.
I wonder if that is the object which we are all trying to reach within this little kinked world we have jumped onto. To reach deep within and find that dream as we offer up our very selves. Find that gossamer thread of the Grey Sisters and recognize it for who we are, and then dream to be more.
To question, to ask why, to really pause and take in this world that we inhabit, to feel more than rote response.
Maybe I am asking for Christmas 366 days of the year.
Maybe I am full of rot and speaking out my sphincter.
But maybe we could all just pause and see what dreams may come.

In that vein, I was walking through the South End the other night, when it was so blessedly warm out,and was amazed at the community of little store fronts; shops, cafes, salons, bistros... All of the glass fronts lit up with warm, welcoming glows, highlighting their wares or foods or the pretty people already strolling inside, sipping their cappucinos or looking over the latest over priced accessory. The voyeur in me eagerly going from window pane to window pane, taking in the fluxuations in sight and sound. And as the gloaming settled into evening, the lights became evenly spaced beacons along the stretch of road, I fell in love with this city once again. I was almost purring as I made my way down the avenue, breathing in the warm air that held that very specific scent of leaves changing and cool nights to come.
I love autumn, it makes me believe in dreams and love.

1 comment:

Amy said...

You are amazing. :)
amy